5.28.2010

Venting.

Have you ever worked in a group?

Like on some project being undertaken by your office or maybe some project in school? I don't really know about other professions, but if you're a student of architecture, chances are that you have and always will....right through your professional life.

Working in a team is a pain. You keep telling yourself that you're a team player. Then there comes a time when you actually believe it...and everything is fine for a bit. But all that is before your groupmates piss you off and you realize that your wavelengths don't match. Or that your teammates just don't like you. Or that, to you, they're complete idiots...or arrogant ass-bastards who have absolutely no reason to be arrogant about.

I'm venting, I know.

I'm on the second stage of obtaining a Masters degree in architecture (don't ask my why I decided to come back to school)...and I'm in a group, the members of which I just cannot stand. They're all of 22 years old, fucking ugly and arrogant. And I don't fucking know why...

Sometimes group work is just plain satisfying --- especially when you've been through toughies to accomplish something worthy of greatness. But not this. This time it's dark, gooey shit.

I'm just waiting for the damn project to get over...four more days to go. And to think I'll have to go through it all my life of being an architect.

Somebody give me a gun.

In other news, I've just discovered that raisin-studded scones that come out of a packet can taste absolutely gorgeous smeared in strawberry jam and topped with whipped cream.



No comments:

Post a Comment